Monday, November 23, 2009

Not the weekend I had planned...

After weeks of contracts, negotiating, inspections and contractors we were all packed up and ready for the big day! Or...so we thought. As I was blow drying my hair Friday morning, the electricity got cut off. I had scheduled for the electricity to get transferred to the new house and had assumed the people buying our house would do the same so the electricity would never actually get turned off. But…I was wrong. This worried me so I called the realtor to make sure the closing was still on schedule and he assured me it was and that the new owners of our house were just not as organized with all of that as I was. So, we continued to empty the house and headed downtown for lunch to celebrate right before the closing.

Well...then we got the call and the celebratory lunch turned into a not so celebratory lunch anymore. The bank the buyers of our house were using had not completed the paperwork...in fact, they hadn't even sent the paperwork to the underwriter yet so I have no idea why we kept getting told everything was right on schedule. So, we had an empty house with no electricity or water which meant we were spending the weekend with my parents.

Although, I was not by any means happy about this situation, I made the best of a weekend off and began Christmas shopping on Saturday and celebrated my Dad's and Connie's Birthday that night with dinner.

Happy Birthday!

That night, I decided to again take advantage of a crappy situation and since we had babysitter's (my parents) in the house after Olivia went to sleep, Jared and I went and saw the new Twilight movie. It had been a year since we had been to see a movie together which just happened to be the first Twilight movie. It seems we don't make it to the movies much these days.

Usually Olivia is great with transitioning and falling off schedule but didn't seem to do so well this weekend and was much more of a handful and needy than usual. Maybe she could tell something wasn't right...or missed her room and doggies? She also had us up multiple times in the night the first 2 nights...but discovered that was due to my parent's keeping their house much colder than we keep ours at night and when the heat was turned up last night; she slept great and was back to her happy self again this morning. Good! I started to get worried for a little while there!

I just got notified that the closing is now scheduled for today at 1:00. I really hope things go better today! I can say for sure…we won’t be moving again anytime soon so I really hope we love our new house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment