Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Late Nite Playground Fun

Whether it is a new sentence Olivia is saying, or a new word she has learned, or even a new smile Olivia gives me, every day I feel like she is so much older than she was the day before. Usually she is asking for mommy's help, but Friday night at the playground, she was a big girl and didn't need mommy's help.

I couldn't believe I was watching her climb up the stairs all by herself and then go down the slide and didn't even need me there to catch her.

As if Olivia going down the little slide all by herself wasn't grown up enough, she then surprised me when she started walking up the steps to the big slide!


As she was about to go down the big, twisty slide all by herself, I panicked...should I follow her down the side so she doesn't fall off? Should I catch her at the bottom?



But then...

I saw...

how very slow she went down the slide and stopped panicking!

But I still couldn't believe she was walking up and down the stairs, across the bridge and sliding down the slides all by herself!



She was even going down the tunnel slide all by herself!

Don't let her concerned face fool you, she LOVED the tunnel slide and it was the only slide she would go down after she did it the first time.

In case you are wondering why it is so dark in the pictures, it is because it was after 8:00. We went to dinner with the Coggin's family and after Olivia ate all of daddy's sherbet that they brought out at the end, I knew we had to do something to get her energy out of her before bed so we all headed to the play ground near the house. We usually don't hang out at play grounds this late :)

No comments:

Post a Comment