Olivia turned 6 months old on Tuesday! Unfortunately, mommy was very sick that day and didn't even get to spend Olivia's half birthday cuddling her. I managed to take a few quick 6 month photos before I headed to bed for the night. I promise I will make up your half birthday to you on Saturday when we go shopping!I can't believe 6 months has already passed. Just 6 short months ago, we brought Olivia home and she was just so tiny (well as tiny as a 9 pound, 22 inch baby can get).
And now here she is, this little person; hardly even a baby anymore. Now 26.5 inches (79th%) and 17 pounds 5 ounces (78th%). She can sit by herself, and "talks" non-stop and even yesterday managed to get her first "da-da-das" in. As I have told Jared, it doesn't count as her first word until she knows what it means, so I am still hoping for Ma Ma to be the first word!
She grabs for everything now. If she can reach it, she's going to get it! I think I might have to start photoshopping in the signs for now on.
First she spots it...
Then she reaches for it...
Then she gets excited that she got it...
And it never fails...it ends up in her mouth.
6 months means we get to start introducing fruits and vegetables! First up...peas!
She ate them, but she was very unsure about them.


Olivia has also become quite proud of her new trick of rolling over as it means she gets to control how long she does tummy time for...which means, not long at all. After she rolls over, she always looks to find me so I can praise her for a job well done.
She is also quite the giggly baby and since this is her half birthday post...here are some birthday laughs.
And now here she is, this little person; hardly even a baby anymore. Now 26.5 inches (79th%) and 17 pounds 5 ounces (78th%). She can sit by herself, and "talks" non-stop and even yesterday managed to get her first "da-da-das" in. As I have told Jared, it doesn't count as her first word until she knows what it means, so I am still hoping for Ma Ma to be the first word!
She grabs for everything now. If she can reach it, she's going to get it! I think I might have to start photoshopping in the signs for now on.First she spots it...
Then she reaches for it...
Then she gets excited that she got it...
And it never fails...it ends up in her mouth.
6 months means we get to start introducing fruits and vegetables! First up...peas!She ate them, but she was very unsure about them.


Olivia has also become quite proud of her new trick of rolling over as it means she gets to control how long she does tummy time for...which means, not long at all. After she rolls over, she always looks to find me so I can praise her for a job well done.She is also quite the giggly baby and since this is her half birthday post...here are some birthday laughs.
I cant wait to see her again!! Just a few more weeks!!!
ReplyDelete