Friday, May 6, 2011

Bigger Girl Bed

Remember how excited Olivia was when we switched her bed to a toddler bed?  She was even more excited when we switched out her toddler bed for a big girl bed!  

See the picture below...as Olivia walks in her room she drapes the curtain over each shoulder and walks through it as it sweeps across her shoulders.  I would say she is such a diva, but then she'd correct me and say "no, I'm a princess."  Clearly.

Jared's mom had a twin bed in her attic that we were able to refinish which was the other project we started on Sunday.

I've had the bedding for awhile knowing we'd eventually switch her to a twin bed.  I used the bedding to pick out the paint colors for her room which is why the colors match so well!

Olivia had told me she wanted a flower bed so I painted some flowers and butterflies on the headboard.  I didn't realize how low the headboard was so you can't even see them when the bed is made.  But Olivia knows they are there and she LOVES them so I'm happy!  Plus, I'm pretty sure her bed won't be made that often. 

We are also in the process of potty training.  Jealous?  You should be.  I love cleaning pee out of carpets, don't you?  So Olivia's new look around the house is pantless.  Unless she is wearing a dress.  She doesn't mind, she would run around naked if I let her.

She was seriously so excited about her new bed that she said she wanted to go to bed and it was only 7:30!  She is never ready for bed. It can be midnight and her eyes are half closed but she'll tell you she isn't tired.


So we skipped her bath and read our bedtime stories.  It was so much more comfortable cuddling together in the twin bed than it was in the toddler bed to read bedtime stories.  I'm just glad we got this new bed before I broke the toddler bed because we hope to get more use out of it.  Then Olivia was off to bed.  But don't let this night owl fool you.  It was 9:30 before I finally heard the talking/giggling end.  She always spends about 30-60 minutes reading herself stories or talking/playing with her dolls and stuffed animals in the bed before she goes to sleep.  On the weekends when she wakes up before us, she'll just hang out in her bed happily doing the same thing until we come get her.  Have I mentioned how awesome she is?

No comments:

Post a Comment